Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Christmas Candy, Scribbling, and Youtube

Hello everyone!

So, I'm back from an insanely long holiday hiatus. I had family visiting all through the months of December and January, and I'm just now getting back into the swing of things! So, here I am, ten pounds heavier from all the amazing holiday food and lack of exercise and ready to engage my lovely creativity again!

My writing has been going well and I'm making progress. It was slow around Christmas, but there's one thing that has helped me tremendously and I really want to share it with you guys!

I've joined a website called "Scribophile" and it's the most amazing thing ever! It's a site for writers to post their work and get critiques from other writers who are also Scribophile members. The thing that makes this site work so wonderfully, is it's karma point system. Basically, you can't post work unless you have a certain about of "karma points" which you earn by critiquing other writer's works. This ensures that people are always reading and critiquing people's work so they can post more of their own!

It's a great system and the community is friendly, encouraging, quirky, professional, and fun! It has helped me improve my writing in ways I thought I'd only be able to if I went somewhere to take writing classes.

It was free for me to sign up, and I was allowed to post two written works. I got my first critiques in a VERY short amount of time because there is a special place on the main page for new members to post their first piece to ensure getting critiques quickly. I was so happy with the feedback I was getting, that I went ahead and purchased the Scribophile membership which is not very expensive and am so happy I did!

This is truly a great resource for anyone that wishes to get other people's honest input on your short stories, novel, poems, etc. for those who have dreams of publishing.

Here's the link for those who would like to take a look at the website. Just click on the word below.

Scribophile

Also! To continue to add to the many creative endeavors I start, I have started adding videos to my Youtube channel! It's been very fun, and my husband has joined me in a couple of them, making for some very funny and entertaining videos. I've got some songs on there in addition to the vlog videos. It's really been a blast and it's another avenue that I can take to express myself creatively!

If you guys are bored and happen to want to watch a funny video with my husband and I completing the "Not My Arms Challenge", here is the link to break up your regular internet surfing routine!

"Not My Arms Challenge"

Do any of you have experience with Scribophile or posting videos on your Youtube channel? Let me know!

I hope you all had a wonderful time over the holidays and continue to be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment